Microsoft Dynamics GP is an ideal solution for non-profits that have outgrown their existing financial accounting systems. One of the reasons for this is its Grant Management Module. Not only does Dynamics GP offer strong accounting controls and unparalleled financial reporting flexibility, it also helps organizations track and report on all of the financial activity related to specific grants. This is accomplished through the Grant Management module which comes standard with the Advanced Management version of Dynamics GP.
The Grant Management module offers three key features and benefits:
- It tracks all of the revenue and expense activity associated with a grant and allows you to report on that activity across fiscal years. Reporting is available through both either Excel or Management Reporter, Microsoft Dynamics GP’s powerful financial report writer.
- It allows you to identify and report on your grants based on any criteria, including Grant Status, Grant Type, Grant Sponsor(s) and twelve User-Defined fields. This gives you tremendous flexibility in how you report both within and across grants.
- It offers real-time transaction validation to ensure that you are not exceeding the grant parameters. As you can see from the attached screen shot, validation options include:
- Profit and Loss Validation to ensure that your expenses do not exceed revenue. You can configure the system to either warn the user or actually prevent posting when this happens.
- Budget Validation by Period, Grant-to-Date or Grant Life to ensure that you do not exceed the grant budget. As with the Profit and Loss Validation, you have the option when the budget is exceeded of simply warning the user or preventing posting.
In summary, the Grant Management module of Microsoft Dynamics GP makes it easy to track specific grants against specific programs and keep a close eye on the related expenditures.
Maner Costerisan specializes in helping Not-for-Profits improve operations and support their mission through Microsoft-based accounting, CRM and productivity software solutions. For more information on how we can help you excel in these challenging economic times, please contact us or visit our website.
Maner Costerisan – a Michigan-based CPA firm and Microsoft Gold Certified Partner serving Non-Profits throughout Michigan and the Great Lakes Region.